Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two slideshow questions please.

Hi, a couple of questions for a slideshow I am preparing for my upcoming wedding please

How do I create a first slide that contains text rather than a picture ? There appears to be a button on the bottom right but its greyed out,

How do I delete a song I have accidentally added to a slideshow ?

Many thanks

Tony

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 12:12 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2013 1:22 PM in response to tonybassplayer

You can create a text slide in any application, text editor, Pages, etc. and then use the following method to create a jpeg image of it to add to the slideshow:

Here's how to get any file into iPhoto as a jpeg file:

1 - open the file in any application that will open it.

2 - type Command+P to start the print process.

3 - click on the PDF button and select "Save PDF to iPhoto".

User uploaded file

NOTE: If you don't have any of those options go to Toad's Cellar and download these two files:

Save PDF to iPhoto 200 DPI.workflow.zip

Save PDF to iPhoto 200 DPI.workflow.zip

Unzip the files and place in the HD/Library/PDF Services folder and reboot.

4 - select either of the files above (300 dip is used for photos to be included in a book that will be ordered).

5 - in the window that comes up enter an album name or select an existing album and hit the Continue button.

User uploaded file

That will create a 200 or 300 dpi jpeg file of the item being printed and import it into iPhoto.

To remove a song from a slideshow use the Music pane for the slideshow and either uncheck the option to include the music or select the music track and use the Delete key:

User uploaded file

To make use of the test slide in the slideshow make sure it's enabled in the Settings pane:

User uploaded file

OT

Two slideshow questions please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.