Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sumifs returning information from a list for linked condition

Hi! I am trying to create a formula to take the sum of the information in Revenue, if the Job Type is the same as the Category listed in table 1. I'm working with a sumif function and would like to to sum all if (for example) job type is equal to "card", i want it to be a linked item so that i won't have to edit the field, but the first collumn of table 1.

My formula so far returns the correct answer, but requires that I put in the actual text: "card", heres the formula:
SUMIFS(Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame::$I$2:$I$13,Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame::$L$2:$L$13,"=card")

I'd like it to, where "=card" has been written, to take the text from table one and automatically take the word to the left and sum all totals from that information. Is this even possible? am I just expecting too much? haha
When put in the formula with the link (and it's around parentheses) it only returns to look for the word: "a2", which is not what i want. I want the word, from a2 or "card".

Thanks for your help!
Wes

User uploaded file

Numbers 3.0 -OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 3:16 PM

FJ,

You are on the right track. You could have written this expression for the "Card" row in Table 1...

=SUMIFS(Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame::$I$2:$I$13,Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame::$L$2:$L$13, A)

If your Log table, Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame, has 1 Header row and 1 Footer row, you can write:

=SUMIFS(Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame::I,Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame::L, A)

FILL DOWN.

Jerry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2013 3:16 PM in response to Fjaxyu

FJ,

You are on the right track. You could have written this expression for the "Card" row in Table 1...

=SUMIFS(Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame::$I$2:$I$13,Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame::$L$2:$L$13, A)

If your Log table, Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame, has 1 Header row and 1 Footer row, you can write:

=SUMIFS(Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame::I,Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame::L, A)

FILL DOWN.

Jerry

Dec 1, 2013 6:00 PM in response to Fjaxyu

Hi Wes,

You could also place the text "Braithwaite Fine Art and Custom Frame" into a cell on "Table 1", then use INDIRECT to construct the two range addresses in your SUMIF formula. Doing that would let you change Table 1 (or a copy of Table 1) to references a different client/job table by changing only the content of the cell containing the client table name.

Regards,

Barry

Sumifs returning information from a list for linked condition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.