Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I find a help # to call about my problem "iTunes has stopped working"

"iTunes has stopped working"

Acer system, Windows 8, trying to download iTunes for Windows 8. Partial loads but at @ 75% stops. Worked with prior version of Windows transferred over.

Full message: "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Troubleshooter didn't help, removing and down loading iTunes for Windows 8 did not work. same message each time.

Windows message says its an "incompatible program."

How do I get this to load correctly? AND HOW IN THE WORLD CAN I TALK TO SUPPORT ABOUT THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE SPENT 1/2 DAY TRYING

itunes-OTHER

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 2:13 PM

6 replies

Aug 22, 2014 10:57 AM in response to Frustration w iTunes 8 download failure

Apple don't provide free telephone support for iTunes.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it, which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Aug 24, 2014 2:01 PM in response to aealy2010

Early days, but pcoloradoian's solution seems to have worked for me too. At least, my iTunes is now behaving perfectly normally, including in podcast 'List' view, for the first time since the disastrous update. I'm very grateful to him / her. How can we get the news out to all the other sufferers out there?

How much trouble could Apple save themselves by just coming out and saying 'sorry about this ... try this'? I know no solution will work for everyone, but really, your customer relations are from the dark ages. From being such a beautiful thing a few short years ago iTunes has become a disaster area. Stop 'improving' it, Apple, if all this means in reality is ruining it.

Why can't I find a help # to call about my problem "iTunes has stopped working"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.