Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Simple SUM IF Calculation Help

I'm having some difficulty creating what I think it a very simple equation... but I keep on erroring out. Soooo frustrating. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me.

I've created a budget where I track all our expenditures and categorize each one of them. What I want to do is have an automatic running total of each category.

So, based on the type (column c) I want the equation to pull from column b and add them all up.

Is this even possible to do? I can't seem to understand why none of my equations are working.

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 6:42 PM

Hi SC,

The SUMIF function is your friend. An example of this is in

File > New from Template Chooser > Personal Finance > Personal Budget

Regards,

Ian.

5 replies

Nov 30, 2013 8:44 PM in response to supacoopa

Hi SC,

I too enjoy creating documents from scratch, but I find the inbuilt templates good for ideas. So much better than the Numbers 2 templates. In particular, that Personal Budget template and the Charting Basics template. Very handy to click here and there to see where Apple has hidden things this time!

Thanks for the green tick. As Jerry's reply was helpful, a gold star to Jerry is in order 😉. The magic of Numbers lies largely in the ability to have several discrete tables (and other objects) on a canvas. Reminds me of the old MacDraw (nostalgic sigh).

Regards,

Ian.

Simple SUM IF Calculation Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.