Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 10.6.7 freezes at startup; have reset PRAM, replugged power, repaired disc via target mode on other computer, it spits out cds that came with it...any ideas? key commands useless, can't access permissions...i have to keep shutting it off...

My iMac 10.6.7 freezes at startup or if I click anything, won't restart, key commands don't work, I have to keep shutting it off to restart.....I repaired disc via target mode using a laptop, but access permissions there or by clicking anything on the screen...it spits out the discs that came with it...any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 12:23 AM

4 replies

Dec 1, 2013 12:44 AM in response to Rod Macdonald

My iMac 10.6.7 freezes at startup

How large is your HD & how much space do you have left on it?

it spits out the discs that came with it...any ideas?

Make sure the DVDs are not dirty, smudged and/or scratched.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2000Mac doesn't start up from install disc

*** Your drive may need cleaning. Cleaning kits can be purchased from any store that sells CD/DVDs. ***

(10.6.7)

Use Software Update or the OS 10.6.8 combo update to update your OS. Also, update everything SU has to offer for your computer. When done, repair permissions and restart your computer.

User uploaded file

iMac 10.6.7 freezes at startup; have reset PRAM, replugged power, repaired disc via target mode on other computer, it spits out cds that came with it...any ideas? key commands useless, can't access permissions...i have to keep shutting it off...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.