Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Guys, I am trying to configure emails such as iCloud, live and gmail to outlook on my mac. Seems i can't get the server settings right. Can somebody please help with this? tx

Guys, I am trying to configure emails such as iCloud, live and gmail to outlook on my mac. Seems i can't get the server settings right.

Can somebody please help with this? tx

On my side, i have tried various server settings with all what i could find on internet and i couanld not make it work.

Emails are:

1. live.in

2. icloud.com

3. gmail.com

Thanks

Pii

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 5:04 AM

2 replies

Dec 3, 2013 9:14 AM in response to piyushgaur

Hello piyushgaur,

Thank you for the question. It sounds like you are trying to setup your various email accounts in the Mail application and are looking for the appropriate server settings. I found an article with some steps that can help.

Mail will automatically configure the server settings for many common email providers. Additionally, you can find settings for common email providers using the Mail Setup Assistant:

Mail can automatically get the email account settings for many email service providers

1. Open Mail.
  2. Choose Add Account from the File menu. If this is the first time you've opened Mail, you will be automatically prompted to add an account.
  3. Enter your Full Name, email address, and password. See Mac 101: Mail article for more information.

Usually, your email account can be configured automatically for you. If you use an email account that Mail cannot configure automatically, continue with this article.

Tip: You can also use the Mail Setup Assistant to check for your email service providers settings. If the Mail Setup Assistant does not have settings for your email service provider, use the "cheat sheet" of questions below when you contact your email service provider.

If you are not able to find the server settings for your email providers using the Mail Setup Assistant, you can contact your email service provider to obtain the specific settings. Use the form in the section titled "Email account settings 'cheat sheet'" in the following article to obtain all the necessary information:

Configuring Mail for your email account

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1277

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Guys, I am trying to configure emails such as iCloud, live and gmail to outlook on my mac. Seems i can't get the server settings right. Can somebody please help with this? tx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.