Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find out which number sent me a text message?

I received a text message from a friend. He has 3 cell phone numbers listed in my contacts. How do I find out which one sent it to me? My iPhone only gives his name. I'm running the latest iOS 7 on an iPhone 4S.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 12:21 PM

Hey VictorSMiller,

Thanks for the question. This can be done by viewing the contact info in Messages. Simply tap “Contact” in the top right corner, then tap the User uploaded file icon. This will bring up the contact card, and the number the message was sent to will be highlighted in blue.

User uploaded file

View someone’s contact info in Messages.

To quickly view someone's contact info in Messages, tap Contact.

- Tap User uploaded file to call that person or User uploaded file to use FaceTime

- Tap User uploaded file to see the person’s complete contact info

If they're not already a contact, you can tap Create New Contact to add them.

Messages - Learn more about iOS 7 and iPhone - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=tidetail&product=iphone&locale=en_US&tag= Messages#TI136

Thanks,

Matt M.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2013 12:21 PM in response to VictorSMiller

Hey VictorSMiller,

Thanks for the question. This can be done by viewing the contact info in Messages. Simply tap “Contact” in the top right corner, then tap the User uploaded file icon. This will bring up the contact card, and the number the message was sent to will be highlighted in blue.

User uploaded file

View someone’s contact info in Messages.

To quickly view someone's contact info in Messages, tap Contact.

- Tap User uploaded file to call that person or User uploaded file to use FaceTime

- Tap User uploaded file to see the person’s complete contact info

If they're not already a contact, you can tap Create New Contact to add them.

Messages - Learn more about iOS 7 and iPhone - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=tidetail&product=iphone&locale=en_US&tag= Messages#TI136

Thanks,

Matt M.

How do I find out which number sent me a text message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.