Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto always imports new images into wrong event…?

Hi all.

Problem: iPhoto imports new images automatically from My Photo Stream. I would expect it to put them into a New Event each time, but instead it puts them in an existing one. But it doesn't put them in the most recent Event (that would be manageable) - instead it seems to arbitrarily add them to an event 3 or 4 events prior to the latest one. The concequence is that every time I go into iPhoto I must scroll down several screens worth of photos to find where it has dumped new photos and move them into a new event myself.

I have had my iPhoto Library for many years and have had this problem for a long time (probably since around Lion). It is still happening with 10.9 Mavericks and iPhoto '11 9.5. My Library is 49 GB and holds 13,000 photos (images only, no videos).

I must have an erroneous date set somewhere or something like that. ..but no idea where. Has anyone else experencied this or knows how to fix it. Repairing my Permissions hasn't fixed it, nor has repairing the iPhoto database.

Thanks,

Si

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Mid-2011, 2.7 GHz Intel i7, 8 GB

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 6:30 AM

8 replies

Dec 1, 2013 6:44 AM in response to Yer_Man

The name of the event is whatever I called the event. I carefully "garden" my iPhoto Library, grouping photos by Event and giving each one and appropriate title. So one day the new photos might get imported into "Summer BBQ" and sometimes "Baby shower" (or whatever). It seems arbitrary, as I say (although of course it isn't because my computer doesn't have a soul or a grudge against me.. as far as I know 😝).

I use the "Photos" view almost exclusively and sorting is By Date / Decending.

iPhoto always imports new images into wrong event…?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.