Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to combine tracks from downloaded unknown album

I'm downloading cd's into itunes...it comes up unknown album then just gives me track 1, track2, etc. I would like to put all these tracks back into a album then manually name the album.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 7:52 AM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2013 8:57 AM in response to rrobb

When you insert a CD and it displays the list of tracks...
Press Cmd+A to select all tracks

Pres Cmd+I to get info for all tracks

Add the Artist, Album Artist, Album name, Year, Genre, Total track count, Disc number and whatever else you want for the imported tracks as an album, and click OK.

For the individual tracks, click the first track and press Cmd+I again, and add the Title and track number, then click Next to go to the second track and so on until you've named and numbered all tracks.

Or

In your iTunes preferences, under the General tab, there's a check box to "Automatically retrieve CD track names from the Internet".

Check that and almost ANY commercially produced CD will cause iTunes to accedd the Gracenote CDDB database and add the info automatically.

how to combine tracks from downloaded unknown album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.