Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to tell "Create MP3 Version" where to create the files other than in the same folder as the songs you want to create the mp3 versions of?

I am trying to get MP3 versions of my non DRM protected songs onto a DVD so I can import them into my cars "Music Register".

There is no easy way to do this that I can see in Itunes . I follow this process..

Highlight the songs I want to copy in Itunes

Select Create MP3 version from main menu

Open up Finder Window showing the Itunes folder with the m4a and MP3 files newly created..

Go Up a directory or 2 to get the Artist 'folder'

copy that folder to my external drive

Delete the MP3 songs from the Itunes folder (I dont want duplicates showing) obviously

Delete the M4a songs from the external drive....

I have about 5000 songs so doing this manually is clearly a complete pain.

I dont think you can force it to create the mp3 files anywhere other than in the current folder in itunes unless someone tells me otherwise

More likely does anyone know of any other software to do this with less effort...

I confess to not being an Itunes fan at all I admit but I like the Match functionality so I keep it otherwise I would cheerfully chuck it in the bin...

Thanks in advance...

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 11:39 AM

There are no replies.

Is there any way to tell "Create MP3 Version" where to create the files other than in the same folder as the songs you want to create the mp3 versions of?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.