Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 update deleted all of my photos

I've seen a few variations on this issue, this is mine.

I just now updated to iOS7 from iOS5 (I know, it took a while). I'd backed up about 500 of my photos to iPhoto and deleted them from my phone beforehand, so that there was about 5GB of free space on the phone (I thought space might be needed to update). However, these are the ONLY photos now on my iPhone (4S).

I had backed up with iTunes right before updating, so I turned it on to restore from backup... But as soon as I did it automatically started backing up again. I stopped it, but it had already changed the "balance" of used space in the graph... However, I still only have 5GB of free space left, which tells me that my photos are still there in some form. Just now instead of the "photo" part of the graph being large, it's the "other."

I lost well over 3,000 pictures, everything from 2011 until now is gone. How do I get it back? I've downloaded MobiSaver, Tenor's iPhone Data Recovery for Mac, and iPhone Backup Extractor. None of them can find my pictures, they all freeze when scanning my phone, and they tell me my most recent backup is "locked." So what do I do?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4, Just updated from iOS 5

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 11:46 AM

1 reply

iOS7 update deleted all of my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.