Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Entend count in to two measures

I find the one measure count- in in Garageband too short. I suppose I' m not the only one. Is there a way to extend it two measures, or could the settings be changed so one has a choice?

GarageBand (iPad), iOS 7.0.4, Count in

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 1:42 PM

Only in GarageBand on your Mac, but not on your iPad. On your Mac you can set it in the "Record" menu to two bars.

User uploaded file

5 replies

Dec 2, 2013 5:12 AM in response to RecordHolder

You are welcome. 🙂

Would it be that much trouble to include an extra bar for the iPad?

I don't think it would be much trouble to extend the count in to two bars, but the developers have to be very frugal with the added features and options, because of the limited space and processing power on the iDevices. If you would try to offer everything GargeBand 10.0 on the Mac can do, you would need roughly 800 MB for the app plus 5GB for additional loops and 14GB for the instrument library. So there would not be much space left for anything else.

But send feedback to the deveoper team with a feature request to change the count in to a longer time; the feedback form is here: Apple - GarageBand IOS - Feedback

-- Léonie

Dec 3, 2013 6:48 AM in response to léonie

I understand what you mean, but I thought this would only cost a few bytes. Besides, since using a mobile device often means more improvising in conditions, especially this would come in handy. Portability seems to me more important than more elaborate options. When you play (real) guitar, you have to be really quick to reach from your screen, grab your pick and start playing. Some other apps do offer two measures, and that's a relief. But then, they fall short of other things ;-)

Dec 3, 2013 7:23 AM in response to RecordHolder

but I thought this would only cost a few bytes.

A llittle more than a few bytes - you have to program an additional menu entry for all languages supported on your iPad or iPhone, but it would be worth it.

When you play (real) guitar, you have to be really quick to reach from your screen, grab your pick and start playing.

I am having the same problem. I simply start each song with four empty bars, that will give me time to grab my guitar.

I'll delete those extra bars later from the finished song.

Entend count in to two measures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.