Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 issues with charger and battery life: What should I do?

I was once told by someone inb the community that evetually I will have to update to iOS 7, but My dad keeps telling me not to try this because of the issues with the ios devices speed, battery and inability to accept third-party chargers. He has not updated his iPad software at all. Is he right?

I have a 12 watt charger that says "designed by Apple". Will the iPad accept it if I update to iOS 7? What would you recommend? Wait until Apple fixes these problems in a later version of iOS 7 (say 6 months or so, in iOS 7.1)? Or if you say the charger is OK, should I try it anyway?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 1:46 PM

8 replies

Dec 4, 2013 12:21 PM in response to Tormund0123

iOS 7 has a lot more going on in the background that can burn battery. The paralax effect on the homescreen taxes the GPU. A new feature is automatic app updates so the device now checks periodically. More importantly, iOS allows apps to update their own data in the background.

There are lot's of ways to control battery life. ZDNet had a nice article on it: http://www.zdnet.com/how-to-improve-your-iphones-battery-life-updated-for-ios7-7 000014902/

iOS 7 issues with charger and battery life: What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.