Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chromecast Support

I have not yet been successful with Chromecast, but maybe the new router I have purchased will help. In the meantime, maybe this Google service number will be of help you, even though it didn't help me (tel. 855-836-3987). I am also attaching a message that Google sent me after my call was finished. Other than that, I didn't find deleting some plist files was of any help. Anyway, here's what Google just sent me. I hope it will help someone else more than it helped me. Maybe my TV is just too far from my router and computer.

=====

Thank you for contacting Google! I'm sorry to hear you’re having trouble setting up your Chromecast. We ask that you first check our router known issues & workarounds page here for your specific router:

- - - - - - -

You can't post links on this site, so I divided the real link into two parts. You just have to add the last group to the first to get the actual link.(https://support.google.) + (com/chromecast/answer/3294846) Add the last group to the first to get the actual link.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3294846.

- - - - -

If your router is not on that list, please try the additional troubleshooting steps below. If you are unfamiliar with your specific router settings or unsure of how to change your settings, please contact your ISP or router manufacturer for assistance.

1. Is this Chromecast receiving power?

- Ensure that the device is receiving power from either a USB port on the TV or using a power adapter.

2. Is the device used to set up Chromecast within 20 feet of the Chromecast device?

- Ensure that the phone, tablet, or computer used to set up Chromecast is within 20 feet of the Chromecast.

3. Are you setting up Chromecast at a hotel, school, dorm, or business?

- Networks that require you to connect through a captive portal, typical of hotels/schools/dorms/businesses, are not supported by Chromecast. You will not be able to connect to these types of networks.

Please note:

2.4 GHz Network support only: Chromecast only displays 2.4GHz networks as Wi-Fi options in the setup app. 5GHz networks are not compatible with Chromecast and will not be listed. Please double check that your router supports a 2.4 GHz network. If you are using a dual band router, please ensure that you are connecting to the 2.4 GHz network.

Hidden Networks: If the network you want to connect to is hidden (a network that is set not to broadcast its name), you'll need to manually input the network's name and password. This can be done by selecting ‘Other’ in the drop down list of network selection. After selecting ‘Other’, you have the option to manually input your network SSID and password.

MAC Address Filtering: If your router has MAC address filtering enabled, you'll need to add the MAC address of your Chromecast to the list of filtered devices. The MAC address of your Chromecast is listed at the bottom of the Chromecast setup app.

Additionally, Chromecast requires that your Wi-Fi network and router settings are configured to allow devices to communicate with one another. Please check the following configurations on your router. Please note that all routers are different, so each setting may or may not be applicable to your particular router. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your ISP or router manufacturer:

AP/Client Isolation: Chromecast cannot communicate with your router if you have AP/Client isolation enabled.

-DISABLE AP Isolation/Client Isolation on your Wi-Fi router.

Virtual Private Networks or Proxy Servers: Chromecast cannot communicate with your router or computer if any Virtual Private Networks or Proxy servers are turned on.

-DISCONNECT or DISABLE any Virtual Private Networks (VPN) or proxy servers, if applicable, on both your router and your computer.

UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) or Multicast: Your router will not be able to ‘discover or see’ your Chromecast on your WiFi network if you have UPnP or Multicast disabled.

-ENABLE UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), also known as Multicast, on your router.

IGMP (Internet Group Management Protocol): Chromecast will not be able to communicate with your router if you have IGMP disabled on your router OR IGMP Proxy enabled on your router

-ENABLE IGMP on your router.

-DISABLE IGMP Proxy on your router.

Please keep in mind that resetting or making changes to your router settings may have unintended consequences. If you have questions or concerns, please consult your router manufacturer or ISP before making any changes.

If I have not addressed your concerns, or if I can be of further assistance, reply directly to this email. Also, you may visit us at:

You can't post links on this site, so I divided the real link into two parts. You just have to add the last group to the first to get the actual link. (https://support.google.) + (com/googleplay/?hl=en).

https://support.google.com/googleplay/?hl=en

The Google Support Team

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 12:02 PM

My new router did the trick. I can now broadcast YouTube videos to my TV set.

1 reply

Chromecast Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.