Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crazy Trackpad

Hi everybody,

it's 3 days that my trackpad doesn't work as it should..

It seems crazy: it goes and click everywhere, it moves my icons and seems like someone is clicking on the "right" button, so that i only can watch my Mac create and open new empty folders!!
With a big effort i can connect my MagicMouse and everything goes on the right way!!

I notice that my trackpad goes crazy when it wants..especially when i'm on Facebook, so that i'm forced to connect and use my MagicMouse to avoid any problems.

Actually i'm working using OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)..could it be the problem?

Moreover, i have an app called "JiTouch" that allows me to have more finger-combinations functions on my trackpad. Because i have a "free" app, i can use a certain number of combinations until the app asks me to "re-activate" it by opening "System Preferences" and clicking on the app icon.

Well, since i have this problem, it seems like someone uses all my combination avaible before to re-activate the app.

Please help me.

Thanks.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 3:51 PM

2 replies

Dec 2, 2013 9:39 AM in response to solorich

Is your MacBook one with an easily removeable battery? Some users have noted an issue with expanded batteries that interfere with the trackpad. If you have a battery that can be taken out, try this -

1. Shut down your MacBook.
  2. Remove the battery.
  3. Examine the battery for expansion. If you see any, do not use it again, replace it.
  4. Connect the power adapter to your MacBook. Do not put the battery back in.
  5. Start up the MacBook.
  6. Test for the issue - do you still have problems with the trackpad?
  7. If the issue goes away, replace the battery. Again, do not use it again.

Best of luck.

Crazy Trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.