Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Both FaceTime and iMessage is not working on my Macbook Air

My facetime and imessage both randomly stopped working last week. I upgraded to Mavericks a few weeks ago but have only been having an issue for around a week. I have found that they do work if I log into my guest account, but they do not work on my main account. I have even reinstalled Mavericks, but have had no luck.

Any help would be amazing!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 11:23 AM

opening up keychain access, I went to preferences and clicked Reset My Default Keychain and it worked for me

Reset the Keychain

4 replies

Jul 11, 2014 12:41 PM in response to aiizaztariiq21

aiizaztarliq21: I solved my problem, and here is how I did it. I don't know if it will work for you or not, but it's worth a shot.

1. Make the time zone on the Mac not automatic (but correct to your time and zone), and change something in that pref. pane so that it overwrites the old prefs file.

2. Log out of iMessages, iCloud, etc., on your iOS devices

3. Un-associate your Apple ID with your computer user login (in System Preferences > Users and Groups).

4. Sign out of iCloud on your Mac.

5. Reboot.

6. Re-associate your Apple ID with your user login. If you see a caution icon next to it, double-click. Should disappear.

7. Launch iMessages and attempt to log in.

8. Then log in to iCloud via System Preferences > iCloud

If that doesn't work, do these steps, then go back to # 1, above.
9. Delete all the Apple tokens and keys in the Keychain (might break some other things--may be why I can't log in via Safari right now).

10. Reinstall Mavericks/OS X.

11. Repeat steps 1–8.

Both FaceTime and iMessage is not working on my Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.