Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attaching items to videos

I'm trying to make a sports highlight film and I want to use freeze frame and the circle shape as apart of the film to highlight a specific player. How do I attach both the freeze frame and circle shape to the actual video without it moving out of place when I go to work on another section of the same video?

Motion 5, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 6:14 PM

3 replies

Dec 8, 2013 3:59 PM in response to BenB

When I import a video that I want to work on, I want to attach a circle object or an arrow along with a hold frame feature to the film to highlight a particular person. When I slide the film to work on the next frame, the object and hold frame features aren't at the same time that i placed them anymore. Is there a way to attach the items to the film keep them from shifting out of place when I move the film to work on the next frame?

Dec 8, 2013 4:17 PM in response to KJA20

OK, so you freeze one frame. After the freeze effect stops, the video clip starts playing again. Meaning the person moves. The circle shape of course stays only in one place. You want the circle to follow the person.

That is a Match Move. You'd apply a Match Move to make the circle move around the video frame along with the person you're highlighting. Here is the Motion user manual section explaining Match Move.

http://help.apple.com/motion/mac/5.0.5/#motn18191a00

Attaching items to videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.