Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I back up old "Events" to an external hard drive?

When I import new photos to iPhoto, I'm getting a message saying my iPhoto disk is almost full. I'd like to transfer some older "events" to an external hard drive and then simply delete those photos but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. HELP!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009)

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 7:59 PM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2013 8:49 PM in response to Beck_star

If you have less than 10 GB of free space on your boot drive you will have reduced performance and at damage your iPhoto library or your entire system

Drag your iPhoto library to an external hard drive that is formatted Mac OS extended (journaled) and test it. This will move your entire library to the external drive. Once it is fully tested you can delete photos from your main drive. In the future you may want to purchase iPhoto Library Manager to move future photos to the EHD. Also verify that your backup is backing up the rxternal drive as well as your main drive

LN

How do I back up old "Events" to an external hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.