Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled Ipad PLEASE HELP.

Hello,

I have an iPad 2. I got it for graduation in May. Since then, I have stupidly not backed up it and/or have ever synced it to the itunes on my laptop. Today, my boyfriend guessed the passcode wrong so many times that it disabled my ipad. My ipad now displays the message "iPad is disabled connect to iTunes" well, I did just that...but my ipad has never been synced with this computer or itunes before. I plugged it in, and this is what pops up. In th corner of my screen I get a popup that says "USB device not recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it, for assistance in solving this problem click this message." Once I click the message it pops up saying "Driver software was not successfully installed." and under it it has two lines one saying "MTP USB Device" and to the right it has "Device Unplugged" with a red X by it. The line under says "Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode)" and has the same device unplugged message. I hit close and I tapped on iTunes, and it says "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. An unknown error occured (0xE8000084)" which is weird to me since I plugged in an iPad not an iPhone bt anyway, I closed out of that and directly after that another mesage pops up on iTunes saying "iTunes could not connect to the iPad because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes" HOWEVER there is no physical way for me to put in my passcode because my device is obviously disabled. I tried the whole holding down just the home button and putting my ipad into recovery mode where the device says connect to iTunes and displays a picture of the cord. and when I plug it into itunes, and iTunes pops up, it does the whole could not recognize device thing. I feel as if I am stuck in an endless loop and getting no where. I would like to still have my data although I am beginning to accept that that isnt going to happen. I did read on another apple discussion board that someone put to push to reset the device like set it up as a new ipad and when it says backing up, to cancel it and it will unlock your device for you, however, they did say that the device had to be synced before, proir to this time, which mine has not been. I would love if someone had an explanationt to save my iPad's stuff because I have so so SO much on it but the longer this process becomes the longer I am beginning to accept that I am about to lose everything on my iPad which is not a nice thing to hear . The thing is, I cant even get my iPad to get to the point of being able to restore it. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

If anyone can help,

THANK YOU,

Nicole

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 8:23 PM

4 replies

Disabled Ipad PLEASE HELP.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.