Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Library files

When I search to locate a particular file I see that it is located at User\Library\Caches\Metadata\MacGourmet\recipe_196.mgspot. According to MacGourmet, my database is located at User\Documents\MacGourmet4Database. In the Finder, I can't see the Caches folder. Are these files hidden? Is there some way to display them? I'm really just trying to understand the file structure and how the data is saved. It is not making sense to me why the database file folder has nothing in it but it looks like all the detail is in this Cache folder that I can't see.

Thanks for any assistance!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 10:33 PM

The Caches folder is inside ~/Library, which is hidden.

You can access to that folder directly. To do this, open a Finder window, select the Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type:

~/Library/Caches/Metadata/MacGourmet

If you want to unhide ~/Library, open Terminal (in /Applications/Utilities) and type:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2013 10:33 PM in response to Linda Claudette

The Caches folder is inside ~/Library, which is hidden.

You can access to that folder directly. To do this, open a Finder window, select the Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type:

~/Library/Caches/Metadata/MacGourmet

If you want to unhide ~/Library, open Terminal (in /Applications/Utilities) and type:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Library files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.