Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook pro does not have the display option in the system preferences tab

i have looked everywhere, under the apple tab, i accessiblity where you can change the display, deleted some of the preferences in the library, called apple, lady hung up on me, she was really confused and said she never heard of this before, and sounded shaking and all of a sudden, "let me look into it a little more" CLICK lol can anybody think of anything that could help me? This is what my preference pane looks like, so you can see there is everything else but display, ok thanks alot i hope somebody can think of something for me please, i can't change anything that was under that preference plus now i can't change my second display it is always just displayed and not at the right configuration, thank you again

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 11:22 PM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2013 12:02 AM in response to tronic21

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Maybe the Displays preference pane is hidden. To see if it is hidden or it does not exist, open System Preferences and go to View menu (on the menu bar). You should see Displays listed.

If you see it, go to View menu > Customize, tick Displays and accept this change. By doing this, you will be able to see Displays in System Preferences.

If this does not work, hold Command and R keys while your Mac is starting up and reinstall Mac OS X

my macbook pro does not have the display option in the system preferences tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.