Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How and with what version to upgrade iphoto on MAC OS 10.5.8 with iphoto 08, version 7.1.5.

I have a MAC OS 10.5.8 with i photo 08, version 7.1.5.

I prepared a photo book to order via the Apple Shop as i did several times before without any problems.

But this time when it comes to order the book I get the message" Version 07 no longer valid". I need to upgrade iphoto but I don't know how.

How do i upgrade and will the iphoto 11 work on my old MAC? or is there another version I can use

thks a lot beacuse I am a little lost

iPhoto '08, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 10:28 PM

More info and specs of your Mac, please.

To find out info about your system, click on the Apple symbol in the upper left of the OS X main menu bar.

A drop down menu appears.

Click About this Mac. A smaller popup window appears. This gives you basic info like what version of OS X your iMac is running, the speed of your iMac's CPU and how much RAM is installed.

Click on the button that says More Info. A larger window appears giving you a complete overview of your iMac's hardware specs.

Highlight all of this info and copy/paste all of this into another reply to this post, editing out your iMac's serial number before actually posting the reply.

This will tell us everything about your iMac so we may begin to help with your iMac issues.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2013 10:28 PM in response to mdelouis

More info and specs of your Mac, please.

To find out info about your system, click on the Apple symbol in the upper left of the OS X main menu bar.

A drop down menu appears.

Click About this Mac. A smaller popup window appears. This gives you basic info like what version of OS X your iMac is running, the speed of your iMac's CPU and how much RAM is installed.

Click on the button that says More Info. A larger window appears giving you a complete overview of your iMac's hardware specs.

Highlight all of this info and copy/paste all of this into another reply to this post, editing out your iMac's serial number before actually posting the reply.

This will tell us everything about your iMac so we may begin to help with your iMac issues.

Dec 2, 2013 3:04 AM in response to mdelouis

The photobook service has been recently discontinued for iPhoto 8.

This link shows iPhoto 9 as the minimum.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3412

iLife 11 which has iPhoto 9, requires Mac OS 10.6.8 to run, which in turn requires an Intel Mac and so on it goes.

Alternatively and more cheaply than buying a new OS and a new iLife is to use another service like http://www.shutterfly.com/ from which to order photobooks.

Dec 2, 2013 5:44 AM in response to MichelPM

Sorry this is in French

I am not sure you have all you need

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Vue d’ensemble du logiciel système :

Version du système : Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)

Version du noyau : Darwin 9.8.0

Volume de démarrage : Macintosh HD

Mode de démarrage : Normal

Nom de l’ordinateur : iMac de michael delouis (3)

Dec 2, 2013 8:49 AM in response to mdelouis

We need to know the year and model of your iMac to determine whether or not you can upgrade your Mac's OS or not.

If you follow my directions for getting additional info about your Mac we can get this info.

We need to know if your Mac is an older PowerPC Mac running OS X 10.5.8 or whether your Mac has an Intel chip and which one so we can advise better.

If your Mac is an older PowerPC (G4 or G5 model), then your Mac is running the highest OS X version it can, OS X 10.5.8. If it's a later Intel Mac, you would be able to upgrade to a newer OS and we would be able to tell you how far you can upgrade that OS X version.

As it is, we cannot tell anything about your Mac from your post.

Dec 2, 2013 4:09 PM in response to MichelPM

I perfectly understand that you need more information

I am following the steps you explain and evrything is fine. This is just that when i click on the button MORE INFO, all I get is

Nom de l’utilisateur : michael delouis (michael)

Temps depuis le démarrage : 3 jours 23:53

I tried to print it and I got more info on the pdf 300 pages!!. I selected the first part I hope it can help. Let me know if you need something else among the 300 pages!

Logiciel :

Nom de l’utilisateur : michael delouis (michael)

Temps depuis le démarrage : 3 jours 23:59

Matériel :

Informations matériel :

Nom du modèle : iMac

Identifiant du modèle : iMac8,1

Nom du processeur : Intel Core 2 Duo

Vitesse du processeur : 2.66 GHz

Nombre de processeurs : 1

Nombre total de cœurs : 2

Cache de niveau 2 : 6 Mo

Mémoire : 2 Go

Vitesse du bus : 1.07 GHz

Version de la ROM de démarrage : IM81.00C1.B00

Version SMC (système) : 1.29f1

Numéro de série (système) : W882270BZE3

UUID du matériel : 308FAB9D-34FF-518C-BF54-43BAD67FDBE8

Dec 2, 2013 5:49 PM in response to mdelouis

Before upgrading to OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you need to first purchase a retail install disc of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard to install first.

If you are from Canada or France, you need to get this discs from an online Apple website in your country.

Here is the disc you need here in the U.S. Apple Store website.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

After getting this disc and installing the initial version of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, you can use OS X Software Update feature to update to OS X 10.6.8 where that update gives you access to the Mac App Store and the free upgrade to OS X 10.9 Mavericks, if you choose.

Another thing you need to do is to upgrade the amount of system RAM in your Mac.

Currently, your Mac only has 2 GBs of RAM installed. This a bare minimum, paltry amount of RAM for running the newer versions of OS X.

Newer versions of OS X really need a real working, mimimum RAM amount of 4 GBs.

Your Mac model can take a total of 6 GBs of RAM.

I advise installing the complete total 6 GBs of RAM.

Correct and reliable Mac RAM can be purchased from online Mac RAM sources Crucial memory or OWC (macsales.com).

OWC ( macsales.com) has the 6 GB RAM module kit.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/5300DDR2S6GP/

If you are not from the U.S., OWC (macsales.com), I believe, has international shipping of their products.

How and with what version to upgrade iphoto on MAC OS 10.5.8 with iphoto 08, version 7.1.5.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.