Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

items purchased with my previous email address

I purchased about half of my iTunes library using my old email address. I didn't create a second apple ID, just updated my email address. Now I am having to provide my old email address and password to play tunes I purchased only earlier this year. Please tell me how this can be fixed?

iPod classic

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 4:41 AM

1 reply

Dec 4, 2013 2:05 PM in response to FionaJane

Hi FionaJane,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below may be able to help you with this.

Click on the link to see more details and screenshots.

Using your Apple ID for Apple services

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4895

Can I change the name of my Apple ID?
Yes. For example, if you get a new email address, you can change your Apple ID from your old address to your new address. For more information, follow the steps in this article.

Note: @mac.com and @me.com Apple IDs cannot be renamed.

I have purchased music, apps, or books with multiple Apple IDs. How can I get all of this content onto my iOS device?

First, you need to copy all of your purchased content so it is on the same Mac or PC with iTunes. This computer should be the one you sync your device with. For more information on how to move your content, see these articles:

Next, authorize your computer to play content with each Apple ID in iTunes. Once your computer is authorized for all your content, it can be synced to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

I hope this information helps ....

Have a great day!

- Judy

items purchased with my previous email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.