Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete songs from iTunes, how can I get it to ask me if I want to delete it from the hard drive?

I'm extreley frustrated. I just want to clean up my itunes and delete songs. If I right click on it and press delete, or if I press delete after highlighting the song; either way, it will not ask me if I want to delete it from my hard drive. I just want it to ask me like the help file says it should.

The long way is incredibly frustrating. I have to find it on hard drive first, delete it there and then come back to the i tunes list and delete it from there also.

Windows media player is sooo much easier at this. Can they please fix this?

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 5:37 AM

4 replies

Dec 2, 2013 9:52 AM in response to Jumprightin

Jumprightin wrote:

Another issue to consider:

iTunes asks whether you want to delete the music files from the drive only when you're deleting from Library/Music, the main music file near the top of the left sidebar.

and only if the file is located in the iTunes media folder location specified in iTunes prefs > Advanced.

It won't ask that question if you're deleting from a playlist

It will if you Shift Delete (Windows) or Option Delete (Mac).

Delete songs from iTunes, how can I get it to ask me if I want to delete it from the hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.