Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Play stops playing music after one song when tab is in background

I use Safari and Google Play to play music. I have Mavericks 10.9 installed.

Whenever I start playback in Google Play and then open another tab the music stops after the current song (even though I have a long playlist or am playing an album).

When I open the Google Play tab it immediately starts playing the next song (so I have to open the music tab every time when a new song starts).

I already disabled "Stop plugins to save power" in the prefs.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 6:04 AM

3 replies

Apr 12, 2014 12:12 PM in response to sebastian117

Try disabling app nap for Safari or whatever browser you are using. I had the same problem using Google Chrome, and it was easy to disable app napp in Applications...Get Info. For Safari it looks like it will require some command line interaction.

It seems like when your other tab or window is in the background, app nap will kill music playback after the currently playing song is finished.

Apr 13, 2014 4:46 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

For Safari, Google Play Music will work if you uncheck Stop Plug-ins to save Power in the Preferences...Advanced. It won't work with the Flash player or HTML5 player with that option checked. I haven't used it enough in Safari to determine if App Nap will eventually cause it to cut out. If so, you will have to disable from the command line.

If you disable App Nap for Google Chrome it will work flawlessly indefinetly.

Google Play stops playing music after one song when tab is in background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.