Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Printer is on Wifi but I'm unable to connect it to my Mac.

Although my Printer is registered on the home Wifi and displaying what you would expect to see, my iMac is not listing the Printer in the available Printer list; the list is completly empty. I have also tried AirDrop to no avail.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Epson Printer Stylus Photo PX700W

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 8:20 AM

5 replies

Dec 5, 2013 3:09 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Good point rkaufmann87

Firstly I connected my printer to the Home Hub (Wifi) with an Ethernet cable then pressed the WPS button on the Hub (Modem), this set the printer up to operate on my Home Wifi. Then I disconnected the printer from the Hub and reconnected it to my Mac, this part is a bit unclear having tried this process before and failing. The original Printer Software is no longer support so the included Disc rejected very early in the process, I tried just adding the printer in <System Preferences><Printers & Scanners><+> and then filled in as much of the information as I could from the Printer Wifi status screen, it hadn't worked the first few times but eventually did. I'm not sure exactly what I did that made it eventually work, I can only guess that I put slightly different or may be more accurate information in.

I hope this helps, I'm afraid I'm note an IT expert and migrated to Mac and Apple systems some years ago to avoid all the time I wasted on trying to keep a PC operating properly, fast enough and putting up with its constant crashes.

My Printer is on Wifi but I'm unable to connect it to my Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.