Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xserve with Mavericks upgrade, Server Monitor Missing

Hello Forum,

I recently updated my Xserve to Mavericks. While I have found it to run a bit faster, I noticed Server Monitor is missing. I installed the "Server" app from the app store, but that doesn't monitor the same things. I used to be able to check Fan Speed, Temp, etc.

Additionally, the lights on the front of the Xserve do not light up when the processor kicks up. (Blue lights on front).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- Ryan

Xserve, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 8:31 AM

11 replies

Oct 12, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Redbeard3469

You don't need to install it as it's already. As the other poster has mentioned you need to launch the Terminal application which you'll find in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.

With upgrading to Mavericks you'll find it's not just Server Monitor or the blue lights on the front not working in the way you've been used to. LOM is not available either. You can search this forum on alternative ways to use the missing features the upgrade has caused. If there was to compelling reason to upgrade to Mavericks then perhaps you may benefit from downgrading back to Snow Leopard instead?

Xserve with Mavericks upgrade, Server Monitor Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.