Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought an iPad Air. Now my iPad cannot access any of my GMail accounts.

I just bought an iPad Air. Now my iPad cannot access any of my GMail accounts. I receive an error message saying that my password is incorrect.

I have reset my passwords several times, but I still cannot access my GMail accounts. What's wrong? How do I fix?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 9:46 AM

12 replies

Dec 7, 2013 12:17 PM in response to MrPeabodysWABAC

Problem solved. A combination of doing a lot of Internet research and speaking with a techie.

It seems the problems lies with Google and not Apple. Apparently, Google doesn't like you to access your Google accounts from too many mobile devices. (I was doing so at the time from three devices.) Once I re-initialized my old iPad erasing all data - and waiting about a day - my Google emails accounts worked fine on my new iPad Air.

Not sure why in the world Google does this, but that is the problem and what I wrote is the solution. It seems Google limits us to using only two moble devices.

Mar 2, 2014 3:04 PM in response to sppchgo

I had the same problem and fixed it. In my case it was because I have 2-step verification in gmail/google. This causes me to have to enter either a verification number or an application-specific password. I went into gmail settings on my main pc, security, appl-spec passwords, and generated one for the ipad's gmail, which I entered (once) into the ipad under settings, mailcontactscalendars, Gmail, Account.

Hope this helps

Tine

I just bought an iPad Air. Now my iPad cannot access any of my GMail accounts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.