Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i transfer data from a old itouch to a new itouch

okay i have a few questions that i hope yall can help with. i have a my sisters old itouch and by old i mean its short, fat , (only goes to IOS 5) and might be a 2nd or 3rd gen. anyway i got a new one (16GB) but i want to know a few things.

+ can i transfer specific apps

+ how do i transfer game data ( i have 4 games that i dont want to lose data from)

+ my sis has a icloud account on the old itouch , can i delete the account without messing with her apple ID

+ can i transfer an app like angry birds over to the new itouch and it still be on the old one

+ can i transfer pics from itouch to pc ( like pick and choose which pics i want on the itouch or pc)

ive heard the cloud is the best way to transfer things from one thing to another . ive never had to transfer data like this before so i have no clue what im doing, and ive never used the cloud before either.

the itouch will have my music as well as 17 apps , i should have pleanty of room (the biggest app i have is ifunny ,but that depends on how many faves i have on it)

ideas please and thank you.

iPod touch

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 1:11 PM

8 replies

Dec 2, 2013 2:13 PM in response to hollyfrommanakin sabot

You The only way to do app date selectively is to:

How to transfer game saves between iOS devices, without iTunes, and without jailbreaking | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

I would just do what roaminggnome says since you can still use the old iPod with all the apps and app data. Then on the new iPod just delete the apps you do not want and the photos you do not want.

Note that not all in-app purchases will be transfered to the new device. See:

iTunes Store: About In-App Purchases

Dec 2, 2013 3:04 PM in response to lllaass

i must be dumb because i dont understand the info given to me . not all of my apps were purchased some were free. and actually all but 4 of my apps are free . and the old itouch will be given to my mom cause she wants it . so are the apps and stuff gonna still be on the old one? or do i have to share my new itouch with her again.

i want to be able to transfer my stuff and her still be able to use the old one.

i want to be able to have all my game data , and how the **** would i know which of my apps is non transferable.

i dont want to start all over again in a game like hayday , ive come to far to lose all that.

and either im really really stupid but i dont understand any of the info that was posted .

this is the very first time ive done this type of thing .

i just want everything transfered no problem / with all my info .

( i know i can delete the unwanted apps from the new , that i dont care about . i just want my data)

Dec 2, 2013 3:10 PM in response to hollyfrommanakin sabot

Read what I wrote. The only things that may not transfer (really copy) to the new iPod are in-app purchases. All app data that are not associated with in-app purchases that will not transfer will be copied to the new iPod.

Doing what the article says does not change the current status of the old iPod.

As the in-app purchases article says, some in-app puchases will not/can;t be transfered to a new device. Nothing you can do.

Dec 2, 2013 4:37 PM in response to lllaass

I did read what u wrote at the time I didn't get it . But I never made any in app purchases .

And I think I figured it out . But there is one thing I want to know.

This question isn't so much about transfer from one itouch to the next . But I want to dump some of my pics on the computer to make a wallpaper . How do I do this , and how do I add pics from my computer to my itouch.

( I write occasional fanfic so I use some of the pics as ideas)

Dec 25, 2013 5:08 PM in response to hollyfrommanakin sabot

K I have a question. I got my new itouch and the data and everything transfered fine , but the problem I have is with my music. You were you plug in your iPod and and you can view your data and such . ( apps , music etc)

I had to go there to add my music and playlists . How to I keep from having to do this every time I want to update up iPod with new playlists and such.

And is there anyway to get the itouch to show how many songs it has when it's not connected?

how do i transfer data from a old itouch to a new itouch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.