Skip navigation

Lion doesn't recognize my external WD my book essential usb3. What can i do to solve the problem?

312 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2013 4:18 PM by baltwo RSS
sissyfos Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 2, 2013 2:39 PM

As you can see from attachment pictures the drive is fine.

The format of the disk is fat32. Mac lion os can't open in windows 8.1 it's ok.

I made a research for about 2 days and nothing can't find except for this code (Mac OS X: Mounting FAT32 external hard drive via Terminal command line sudo mkdir /Volumes/EXT_HD, sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/EXT_HD/) for terminal that has the opportunity to unlock the disk for lion. With this solution i must put this code to terminal every time my macbook reboot or startup. That's a big problem and i'm finally very dissapointed. Is there a real solution outside for mount to mac lion environment my book essential 3tb usb 3.0?

Please give me a solution as possible. Thanx.pic1.pngpic2.png

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5), can't read external usb3 disk

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.