Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how are ems workers supposed to access "ice" contact when we have a security code on phone

we were all encouraged to create an "ice" (in case of emergency" contact so that an ems person would know who to contact. i also added my allergies and alternate contacts including my doctor.

just realized that now that we all have 4 digit code on our phones, they cant get to that record! operating system shoulds allow read only view of this record with a 911 passcode...seems that it would have to be part of operating system.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 4:19 PM

Take a screen shot of the ICE entry, then make it your lock screen wallpaper.

2 replies

Dec 2, 2013 6:53 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

THis is clever work around, but since it keeps going dark ...while your trying to read and write down info for use

it isn't ideal.

I'll take ur suggestion til apple gets this accessible , outside of lock.

Shouldn't be too hard to pickup this record to display continuously, when called up by 911 code.

I hope apple picks this up as an operating system upgrade.

how are ems workers supposed to access "ice" contact when we have a security code on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.