Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will not connect to internet "Insecure Start up"

My Mac Air will not connect to the Internet either wireless which I normally use or direct via Ethernet,

I restarted and shut it down and a pop up window appears saying:

Yellow warning Icon : Insecure start up item disabled

"/library/startupitems/WDBMService" has not been started because it does not have proper security settings.

Any idea what this is and the fix needed?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 4:02 PM

2 replies

Dec 2, 2013 5:11 PM in response to Linc Davis

I am not at home and logged on to the Internet at a remote location and the AirMac connected to the Internet.

Also I do not have my AirMac hooked up directly to a HD backup, I did transfer all my stuff from my iMac to the AirMac, the iMac is hooked up to a WD HD backup and obviously that software was included.

I have had the AirMac for 4 months and this is the first time this has happened.

It is curious that I am having the issue at my location where the iMac and B/U HD is.

I trashed the WDBMService and will see what happens where I get home.

thanks

Greg

Will not connect to internet "Insecure Start up"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.