Since the Maveriks update and subsequent iMovie update I can no longer see my newly created movies in iDVD or pull them across to burn them. It is unusual for quality apple products not to function. I have read that Apple are saying that DVDs are old technology but who are they to decide on what we use in our own homes? Any help on fixing this issue would be appreciated.
iDVD still works fine in Mavericks, though not sold or supported by Apple any longer. Here is a step by step of how to use the new iMovie and iDVD to produce a fully working DVD:
1. Create a project in iMovie 10.0.1
2. Go to File>Share>File... and for Size choose Large 540P (960 x 540) and click Next
3. Choose a location on the hard drive to save the file to.
4. Wait for the blue circle activity indicator to finish.
5. In Finder, verify that iMovie created an MP4 file in the location specified in step 3.
6. Open iDVD and click "Create New Project."
7. Give the project a name and save it to your hard drive.
8. Drag the file you created earlier from the Finder into your iDVD project window.
(or go to File>Import>Video... and choose your video there)
9. Make any adjustments to drop zones, etc.
10. Click the burn button.
11. Insert a DVD and let it do its thing.