Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a new email address and my old email keeps coming up on icloud when trying to update apps and i don't know the password or security questions for the old email. I can sign in with my apple id which is tied to another email but not itunes how to fix

I have an apple id and it has my current email attached to it. however when i go to update apps it's asking for the password for an old email. I no longer have the old email and can't use it. when I go to icloud on my ipad it asks for the password for old email. it doesn't allow me to change the old email to current. when i go to reset it i can't remember the password or security questions for the old email so it doesn't let me go any further. How do I fix this? Do i need to call apple support?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 4:41 PM

You haven't downloaded one new app or updated one single app since you changed your Apple ID? How long ago did you change the ID that you can no longer remember the password?

Or is this just a matter of you not signing into the new Apple ID on your iPad? Settings>iTunes & App Store. Tap the old ID and sign out then sign in with the new ID.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2013 4:41 PM in response to member1969

You haven't downloaded one new app or updated one single app since you changed your Apple ID? How long ago did you change the ID that you can no longer remember the password?

Or is this just a matter of you not signing into the new Apple ID on your iPad? Settings>iTunes & App Store. Tap the old ID and sign out then sign in with the new ID.

May 12, 2014 11:46 PM in response to member1969

I have the same problem - it is maddening. I rely on this iPad for work so this is not just an annoyance! The above solutions of changing the appleid on the device or on the website do not work.

The old email address no longer exists - I haven't used it in a year probably and I no longer have the account. I logged into the appleid website and there is no trace of the old email address so there is nothing that can be deleted or changed there. On the iPad there is no trace of the old email address so nothing can be deleted there either. I have updated the iPad software and the same problem comes right back. Every 2 seconds I am asked to log in using the old non-existent email. The device is currently useless.

The only recent change to anything was the addition of an Apple TV device, which was set up using the correct login and password.

Does anyone have any ideas? The iPad has been backed up to the iCloud so presumably it now won't recognize the current iCloud account? So restoring may notbe an option?

i have a new email address and my old email keeps coming up on icloud when trying to update apps and i don't know the password or security questions for the old email. I can sign in with my apple id which is tied to another email but not itunes how to fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.