Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trackpad is ok but keyboard not paired

This is my first experience with a MAC computer

Just opened a new Mini and attempted to pair the new wireless trackpad and keyboard. The trackpad is pairing ok, but the keyboard will not. I received two keyboards, and tryed both, with the same results.

No...I do not have a USB keyboard.

Any options ?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 16GB RAM quad core i7

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 4:35 PM

3 replies

Dec 3, 2013 6:49 AM in response to Solavage

I don't know why keyboards are hard to pair, but sometimes they are. I have had good luck by deactivating every bluetooth device in the room, or even beyond, turning off any 2.4GHz devices such as cordless phones, and even microwave ovens. In other words creating a completely quiet bluetooth (2.4GHz) environment. Being sure the batteries in the keyboard are fresh and don't fprget to push the power switch on the right end of the battery compartment so the tiny green light is showing on top. Once paired, subsequent connections are easy unless the batteries are weak. Fortunately keyboard batteries last a lot longer than wireless mouse or trackpad batteries.

trackpad is ok but keyboard not paired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.