Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crackling noise in head phones and studio monitors?

I just purchased my first Mac (mini). I am using a Presonus AudioBox to record acoustic guitar in stereo with 2 microphones (Beyerdynamic). When I am monitoring my playing (while recording) through closed back headsets, I hear crackling noise. I also hear the crackling noise when I play the file back through my M-Audio studio monitors. Is there some setting I'm missing or is there a driver issue or something else?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated!

Best

Matt

www.cgstudio.info

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 5:40 PM

4 replies

Dec 3, 2013 11:01 AM in response to HangTime

To add some clarification, I originally set out to use Presonus Studio One. Here is a screenshot to show its default settings.

User uploaded file

Garage Band offers Good, Better, and Best settings.

Good = Recorded 16 bit Exported 16 bit

Better = Recorded 24 bit Exported 16 bit

Best = Recorded 24 bit Exported 24 bit

Later I will try to work with the Studio One settings as there are more available. However, the Garage Band doesn't allow you to even see what the sample rate is? What do you think would be a good setting for the Garage Band?

Dec 5, 2013 11:56 AM in response to HangTime

Upon further research on other forums, I did learn about a potential shielding issue within the Mac mini. However, I think the problem is that I don't have a shielded USB cable. The static goes away when I turn off Wifi. I may follow up this post once my shielded USB cable comes in to let others know if this solves the problem for sure.

Hopeful . . .

Crackling noise in head phones and studio monitors?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.