Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep Preview window on top of another window?

Is there a simple way to keep the Preview window on top of another window? Basically what I'm trying to do is compare pictures on my hard drive to pictures on a webpage in Safari. I keep having to click back and forth between Preview and Safari because the Preview window wont stay on top. I read that the program Afloat should do the trick and I downloaded it but I don't seem to be able to get it to work.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 7:31 PM

2 replies

Dec 3, 2013 2:23 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks for the reply. That does work except I have to zoom out in Safari to get everything to fit inside the resized window and if there is any text I need to read it is small and hard to read. When I used to use Windows XP I would place the Windows FAX and Picture viewer window somewhere on the page where it wouldn't cover over anything important and it would always stay on top. But I had to make the switch back to Apple because I missed Quick Look and Spotlight too much.

Keep Preview window on top of another window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.