Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QUICKTIME 7 PRO

I have paid for the Quicktime 7 Pro but with a new installation and putting in my serial number it won't take it and wants to sell me another one. I think a person should only have to pay once. How do I get it to work?

And how can you get a copy of your number from Apple to recheck your number to make sure it is coorect?

Lyndon

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 8:28 PM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2013 4:20 AM in response to lyndonr

I have paid for the Quicktime 7 Pro but with a new installation and putting in my serial number it won't take it and wants to sell me another one. I think a person should only have to pay once. How do I get it to work?

1) Was the registration key purchased for the correct platform?

Registration keys are not interchangeable between Mac and Windows platforms.

2) Did you copy/paste the key from your confirmation email to the reistration area?

Registration keys must be exact and copy/pasting normally ensures there are not typing errors or mixups alpha-numeric sequences like entering an O ("Oh") for a 0 ("Zero") or I ("Eye") for a 1 ("One").

3) Did you enter or copy/paste your name exactly as used in the confirmation email?

Names should be the same as the Apple Store account name used for the purchase to include any salutaions and/or suffixes used for the account. (I.e. use of Mr., Dr., Prof., Sr., Jr., etc. are a significant part of the account name.)

4) Did you follow THESE INSTRUCTIONS when registering the the QT 7 app for "Pro" use?

For instance, on some systems/versions, pressing the "RETURN" key instead of the "TAB" key will reopen the purchase message instead of registering the entered information.

And how can you get a copy of your number from Apple to recheck your number to make sure it is coorect?

If a recent purchase (within the last 18 months), sign in to your Apple Store account and check the software download area for the key generated by your purchase.

User uploaded file

QUICKTIME 7 PRO

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.