Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does a stylus write if you use a screen protector?

Need to get a stylus for my iPad Air. Cannot STAND to try to write w my fingers! Do any of the styli work if you are using a screen protector, or do they have to write directly onto the glass? Any suggestions for a good stylus? Many thanks.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 2:17 AM

They should all work. They function by electrical capacitance, not contact.

GoSmart. Don't bother looking at any others.

6 replies

Dec 3, 2013 4:38 AM in response to Skydiver119

A squishy tip is the most common tip by far, but not mandatory. The GoSmart styluses do not have a squishy tip, and are a superb capacitive stylus. Dagi styluses also do not have squishy tips. Neither brand is available for the price of a coffee though...

(I own both, and am not just quoting from the internet. The GoSmart is beautifully smooth and accurate in use. The Dagi has a see-thru conductive plastic tip, but is very fussy about the angle at which is it held, the disk-shaped tip having to remain flat against the screen. The GoSmart tip overcomes this by obvious means if you look at their site.)

does a stylus write if you use a screen protector?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.