See if your Mac can support Windows 8 > Boot Camp: Frequently asked questions about installing Windows 8
Which Macs support Windows 8?
- MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch and 17-inch, Mid 2010 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
- iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010 or newer)
- iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011 or newer)
For more information, see this article.
Sorry, the question is about trying to install Mac OS on Windows 8.1 laptop, not install Win 8.1 on a Mac or Macbook which I don't have!
I saw some specifications which say that if the chip is an Intel Core i3 then it could support a Mac OS so I wondered if anyone had done it and whether it works as a dual boot option.