Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not connect to company's routers Netgear wag102 with my 13 Macbook Air (mid2013)

after i write a pwd, I get timeout info.

Any clue?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 13' mid 2013

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 2:01 AM

3 replies

Dec 3, 2013 6:13 PM in response to Targat586

Am using Mac Pro 5,1.

The drop outs to internet happen only when connected to a DNS connection via my Asante router.

When I connect directly to DNS QWEST hardware, and bypas the router, no problem.

Drop outs while Safari is open can occur anytime. They occur after waking from sleep also.

The problem seems isolated to my Mavericks install completed yesterday because:

This same Mac Pro running Win 8.1 from a separate SSD and separate boot to win 8.1 through the router does not have the problem.

My tenant downstairs running Win 7 through the router does not any connection problems.

There were no internet drop outs when connected to DNS via this same router when I ran Mountain Lion.

Is this a security setting problem that needs changing? Suggestions appreciated.

Can not connect to company's routers Netgear wag102 with my 13 Macbook Air (mid2013)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.