Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Given iPod touch is not showing up on my iTunes when plugged in.

I got my brother's old iPod touch and am trying to sync in music from my iTunes. However, when I connected it to my computer, it won't show up on my iTunes as a plugged in device. I reset this device's settings and even removed it from my brother's account. Nothing. I made this iPod touch a brand new device from inside out and my iTunes still won't take it as a new device. Is there something wrong with either my iTunes or device? Help me please.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Dec 3, 2013 7:21 PM in response to lllaass

This helped me but not quite. The instrunctions that were listed on either site helped me realize what was wrong but it did not tell me how to fix the problem. For some reason, I didn't have Apple Mobile Device at all on my computer. So I basically reinstalled iTunes and now my "new" iTunes recognizes my iPod touch. Thanks though.

Dec 4, 2013 5:39 AM in response to reecie39

The lin for windows in my previous replay included:

3. Reinstall iTunes and related components

If the issue you're troubleshooting isn't resolved after following these steps, it isn't necessary to remove and reinstall iTunes multiple times. Instead, you may find helpful information on the iTunes Support page, such as troubleshooting steps related to specific alert messages.

Given iPod touch is not showing up on my iTunes when plugged in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.