Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sunrise Calendar App Google Calendar Sync with iPhone (iOS 7)

I currently use Sunrise Calendar as my default calendar app on the iPhone (because I hate the look and feel of the native Calendar App on iOS 7) and I sync everything to Google.

I wanted my events to come out in the Notifications Center "Calendar View" on the "Today" tab because I don't really like the idea of having to open the calendar app every single time I check out upcoming events for the day and I love how it just summarizes everything in one go.

I have read a couple of forum posts saying that only the native Calendar App on the iPhone is able to place events on the Notifications Center thus, the need to sync with iCloud while using 3rd party calendar apps. Would there be any workaround on this or any other app such as Fantastical 2 that would enable me to create a new event that's still synced to Google and would put my event on the Notifications Center on my iPhone?

I recently experimented with Sunrise and for me to be able to have that new event to appear was to (1) Create an event using Sunrise with all the data and locations, etc., (2) Launch the native Calendar App on iPhone thus, prompting it to sync and refresh everything, (3) Event pops out on the Notification Center because the Calendar App on iPhone had successfully refreshed.

I would love to hear your suggestions and input on this! I guess I got too used to being on Android since the beginning having widgets to that all for me and having just one central calendar for all (Google Calendar). I'm new to iOS, btw!

Thanks a lot! 🙂

Willie

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 2:41 AM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2013 5:27 AM in response to Willie So

I'm not entirely sure I understand your problem. If you have your Google Calendar set up in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars, your Google calendar information will populate both the native calendar and Sunrise (or Fantastical or Tempo). It doesn't matter which app you use as the front end to the Google data. The native app will put things in the Notification Center. Other than that, you don't need to open the native calendar. Note that it may take a several minutes for things to sync.

I use Tempo, Fantastical and Cal. I haven't had a problem with any of them working that way. I just need to be a bit patient. Cal has recently upgraded and have said the sync should be immediate. It's by the same people who make Any.do.

Best of luck.

Sunrise Calendar App Google Calendar Sync with iPhone (iOS 7)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.