You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Macbook Pro get hot so quickly

My Macbook Pro gets hot quickly, (not 10 min, bit longer), im afraid something bad might hapen and is their a way i can fix this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 3:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 4:24 AM

Install istat menus:

http://bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/

Open Activity Monitor to ALL PROCESSES ands CPU to display values from high to low.

When the MBP gets hot. post images of both for inspection.

Ciao.

6 replies

Dec 4, 2013 3:36 AM in response to Sorentix

It appears that your major problems is MacScan, an application that you do not need. Mac OSX has security features that will do an adequate job protecting your MBP.

Google Chrome has often had compatibility problems with OSX and I suggest you uninstall it and use an alternative. I use Firefox, Safari and Opera, all of which are excellent alternatives.

Torrents are an invitation to to problems, thus I suggest eliminating BitLord. That is your call.

If you have the opportunity, post the Internal temperatures that the MBP is experiencing. This way we may determine if they indeed are excessive or not.

Ciao.

Why does my Macbook Pro get hot so quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.