Currently Being ModeratedDec 5, 2013 12:13 PM (in response to Cillasart)
Hey there Cillasart,
It sounds like you are suddenly unable to turn on your computer. Given that information I would try the steps outlined in this article:
Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on
- Verify you have a good connection from your Mac to the wall outlet by confirming the power cord and adapter if present are securely connected and plugged in. To check if the wall outlet is working, plug in a lamp or other electrical device.
- If the wall outlet is working and you continue to have no power try another power cord or adapter if available. If it works you may need a replacement cord or adapter.
Note: See Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters for further troubleshooting with MagSafe adapters.
- Disconnect all accessories that are plugged in to the computer, such as a printer, hub, or other mobile device.
- If your Mac supports user-installable memory, solid state drive, or hard drive, and you recently installed any of these, make sure they are installed correctly and are compatible with your computer. If possible, reinstall the original memory or drive into the computer to find out if the behavior persists afterwards.
- Reset the SMC.
- If you are still unable to start up your computer after trying each of these steps, visit an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for further diagnosis. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store, make a reservation at the Genius Bar using http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ (available in some countries only).Note: Diagnostic fees may apply for issues not covered under warranty or the AppleCare Protection Plan (APP).
If your computer will start, but gets stuck at a gray screen, try the steps in this article:
Mac OS X: Gray screen appears during startup
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points