Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete a network from my system preferences? My wifi keeps trying to connect to a network that has been disable.

We have disabled an old network in our home and installed a new one. My computer keeps finding the old network, but I have no connection as it is disabled. I have set the new network as my priority, but it doesn't seem to be working. I would like to delete the old network, but can't find how to do it.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 5:05 AM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2013 2:38 PM in response to mslib5

Try going to system preferences/network. Unlock the padlock if locked with your admin paswd.

Click on Locations, at the bottom of the drop down menu select Edit locations, this should bring up the list of networks, highlight the one you wish to delete and click the minus button, it should disappear. Click done.

Hope this helps

How can I delete a network from my system preferences? My wifi keeps trying to connect to a network that has been disable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.