Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPod touch be so laggy at times?

I have the iPod touch 4G and I've had it for three years. I noticed that ever since i updated to iOS 6 about two years ago my iPods performance slows down sometimes. I would press the home button to get out of an app and it wouldn't do anything. I have to keep pressing it until it does something but it lags. Then when I want to scroll I'm basically frozen until it finally switches screens but lags horrbily. Same when I go to unlock using my passcode, it lags. Is there anything I can do to correct this bevavior? It only does this sometimes. Right now its working alright. I'm just glad i won't be getting iOS 7 on it as who knows how the performance could turn out. So any thoughts or suggestions to correct this. It never really did this when I had iOS 5.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 7:20 AM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2013 7:54 AM in response to Justinparker

Maybe you have a lot of apps running that you don't even realize are running. Every so often shut your iPod down or give it a reboot to free up memory. To reboot hold the sleep and home keys for about 20 seconds until it reboots.

You can also go in and force close apps. Double tap the home button. You'll see the icons of running apps line up on the bottom of the screen. Hold your finger down on one icon until they all start to wiggle, then tap the red circle on each icon for the apps you want to close. Single tap the home button to exit the mode.

Why does my iPod touch be so laggy at times?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.