Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Questions...

Hey guys, just a few questions. I own a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro, NOT RETINA. About 2 months after I bought it, my hinge started making a noise, so I took it back to the Genius Bar, got it tightened, and then brought it back again since it still persisted. After the second attempt, the hinge started getting louder, so I contacted AppleCare, and they setup a ship in. After the 1st ship in, the replaced my screen. I sent it back again after that because the Apple Logo that glows up had something under it, creating a black dot, so they replaced the display again. Now after this repair, my hinge still made the popping and little sound, so again, I contacted AppleCare, and spoke to a Senior Advisor who told me to go through with this repair and if it still happens, to contact him. (He gave me his email). Now just yesterday, having the laptop back for about a week and a half, I've noticed that when I move the screen, I can actually feel the vibration of the hinge making a pop throughout the screen and base of the laptop. Do you guys have any advice for what I should do next? Thanks!

-Nick

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 6:59 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro Questions...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.