Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 6th gen volume issues

The volume on my Nano seems to go up and down on it's own to random songs. I'll have it a good volume, then after about a couple of songs or so, the volume would either drop down considerably, or go up considerably. When this happens I have to adjust the volume manually.

I thought it was because I had didn't have Volume Adjust set to ON in the Nano. Turned it on, but didn't fix. Then I was told turn on Volume Adjust in iTunes for the synced music folder. That didn't help either. Then I was told they have to be set to None/Off. So I turned off Volume Adjust in iTunes and the Nano. Still fluctuating. One note, when the volume drops or goes up and I have to adjust manually, I can't just hit the volume up or down buttons to go up or down a bar. Hitting it few times doesn't actually work. I have to HOLD the either button down for it to adjust the volume. Doing this makes the volume jump several bars up or down. At this point, I can now hit the volume buttons in increments and will work.

No "wet", "moisture", or "humidity" issues. Nano is kept dry at all times. Other than this, the Nano works great. I've also restarted, restored, and updated to latest firmware, with no fix to this issue. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

iPod nano, iOS 1.x, iPod Nano firmware 1.2

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 9:42 AM

1 reply

Mar 23, 2014 11:05 AM in response to Eric Shawn2

The volume button might be kind of stuck. It's one of the must commom problems in 6th gen. iPods.

I've had one that had the volume buttons stuck and the sound would go up and down randomly.

If it happens on specific songs you need to go to iTunes, select the song, select the song's settings and adjust the volume for the song.

Hope I was able to help.

iPod Nano 6th gen volume issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.