Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microsoft office 2008 to microsoft office 2011

Hi All - I'm having trouble updating my microsoft 2008. In an attempt to mail merge (to create address labels for cards) my computer states I need to download the latest update. I tried to download the update and the error message states "Office 2008 12.3.6 update cannot be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." Both word and excel show I'm working off version 12.3.6. I tried to download version 12.3.5 and it gives me the same error message. I am not opposed to upgrading to office 2011, but I fear if I download (and pay for) office 2011 it won't let me since I apparently don't have whatever we need to even update 2008. ?? All I'm trying to do is create labels. . . help!!

Thank you, in advance. Happy Holidays!

Jennifer

MacBook, iMac, iPhone, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 3, 2013 10:07 AM

4 replies

Dec 3, 2013 3:41 PM in response to Lanny

Lanny -

Thank you for your reply - my Microsoft Office 2008 folder is in Applications and none of the items have been renamed. Do you happen to have any other suggestions? Do you think if I just upgrade to 2011 it will fix the problem? Or do you think I should not do that until I've figured out why it's telling me I'm not able to update based on what I have?

Toyworks 11 - I'm not sure. Did you even read this post prior to getting the email or was it a complete fluke? I'm sorry that is happening. Unfortunately I'm not sure why and I don't have many suggestions for you other than to maybe start a new discussion with that as a question and hopefully someone else has a fix.

Thank you, again!!

Jennifer

microsoft office 2008 to microsoft office 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.